Virtual New Student Portal
Getting Started / Before Orientation
Scheduling and Cancelling Advising Appointments
- How to Schedule a New Student Advising Appointment – Computer
- How to Schedule a New Student Advising Appointment – Mobile Device
- How to Cancel an Advising Appointment – Computer
- How to Cancel an Advising Appointment – Mobile Device
Current / Returning Students
Before Your Advising Appointment
CLEAR up Holds: Work with your New Student Coach to make sure your account is clear of any holds that will prevent you from being able to enroll in classes. Some holds can take several business days to resolve so do not wait until the last minute!
VERIFY tuition status: Students are awarded either in state or out of state tuition. This is determined by your response to residency questions on the Laurel Ridge application and follows state guidelines for Virginia Domicile. Check with your New Student Coach to confirm you are receiving the correct tuition rate.
SUBMIT any paperwork requested by your New Student Coach or Enrollment Services.
EXPLORE your Academic Program and prepare questions for your advisor.
Enrolling in Classes
I’m Enrolled, What’s Next?
REVIEW your Post-Enrollment Checklist
CHECK your VCCS Email Account weekly until classes begin and daily once classes begin
COMPLETE the required Building with Canvas Tutorial
ATTEND a New Student Welcome Event
- There are lots of exciting ways to get connected on campus. Attend a Welcome Event to learn more about your new college community, win cool prizes, and more!
REVIEW the College Catalog and Student Handbook
Resources for General Studies or Undecided Students
- Take a free career assessment
- Research careers
- Make an appointment to discuss results with your academic advisor
Paying for Classes
- Academic Calendar and Final Exam Schedule
- Disability Services
- ESL Program
- Great Expectations
- International Students
- Student Life and Engagement
- Technology Resources
- Canvas Student Resources
- Laurel Ridge Instructional Technology Office Student Resources (Requires login to MyLaurelRidge)
- WEPA Student Printing
- Social Media
- Testing and Assessment Services
- Tutoring and Academic Support
- Tutoring: How to Access Laurel Ridge’s Free Tutoring (PDF File)
- TRIO Student Support Services (Middletown Campus Only)
- Veterans Services
- WeCare (Community Resources for Students)