First Generation – A student whose mother and father both do not have a bachelor’s degree
Low-Income – A student who meets the federal low-income guidelines
Disability – A student with a documented disability.
- academic advising
- transfer planning
- financial aid assistance
- financial literacy education
- free printing
- other wrap around support for participants
Watch Our Video
TRIO participants are expected to be active in the program and take advantage of our offerings and resources. By participating in TRIO, students agree to the following:
- Checking in with your assigned counselor or advisor on a weekly basis
- Speaking with your counselor before dropping or withdrawing from any course
- Meeting with your counselor before every enrollment period to determine your courses and academic plan
- Utilizing tutoring services when needed
- Attending TRIO-sponsored student success skills workshops
- Attending at least three cultural or social events each year
- Registering for classes during the priority registration timeframe
- Completing financial literacy education training each year
TRIO is granted limited funding each year to distribute to students who are in financial crisis and need emergency assistance. Aid is available on a limited basis, in order to spread the funding to multiple students in need. Aid can be given to students to assist with barriers that may otherwise keep them from being successful in their college classes.
- Participant of TRIO one full fall or spring semester prior to application
- Minimum GPA of 2.5 and enrolled in at least 6 credits
- Plan to enroll in courses in subsequent semester or graduate
- Active participation with the TRIO program
- Did not receive TRIO financial assistance award previously within the same program year
- Complete financial literacy training before receiving aid
Please complete this form for TRIO emergency assistance.
Student applications will be awarded based off of the following criteria:
- Eligibility for financial aid
- Amount of unmet financial need
- Academic performance and standing
- Participation in TRIO activities and events
If a student is selected to receive aid, we will notify the student via his or her school email account within one week of the review date.
The college provides academic support services absolutely FREE to all currently enrolled curriculum students. Find out more.
Contact Us and Meet our Team
Cornerstone Hall, Room 606 & 607
- Office Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8am to 5pm, Friday 8am – 12pm
- TRIO Lounge Hours: Monday – Thursday, 8am – 10pm, Friday 8am – 5pm
All TRIO advisors are available to meet with students remotely via email, Zoom, or telephone. Please use your Navigate account to schedule a one-on-one appointment or contact your advisor by email. We are re-integrating in-person appointments, as well as keeping phone and Zoom options. If you don’t know who your academic advisor is, contact [email protected] with questions
Follow Us on Facebook page