Tutoring and Academic Support
The college provides multiple forms of academic support services absolutely FREE to all currently enrolled curriculum students.
Success Tip: A student’s FIRST point of contact for academic support should ALWAYS be the course instructor.
Tutoring Can Help You:
- Understand lectures and reading material
- Prepare for tests
- Develop a learning style or good study habits
- Improve attitude toward the subject area
- Provide intensive practice for skills and knowledge
- Improve self-confidence
Success Tip: In order to receive the best learning experience, come prepared with specific questions, course syllabus, relevant books, and any additional materials needed.
Campus tutors are available weekdays when classes are in session (please see the current Academic Calendar to determine when classes are in session). Campus tutors are not available during the Final Exam period or during scheduled breaks/holidays.
Brainfuse is available nearly 24/7 in many subjects, with only a few holiday breaks per calendar year.
Supplemental Tutoring with Brainfuse
Brainfuse offers LiveHelp, online, on-demand tutoring, in many subjects . Students are eligible for up to 15 hours of FREE LiveHelp per month, as a supplement to Campus Tutoring.
Brainfuse LiveHelp is available 24/7 in these areas (not offered by Campus Tutors):
- Computer Tech
- Nursing & Allied Health
Brainfuse LiveHelp is available “after hours” in these areas:
Campus Tutors are available in English/Writing, Math and Sciences from 10am – 4pm Monday thru Thursday, and 9am – 1pm Friday. During these hours tutoring is not available in those subjects with Brainfuse LiveHelp.
To get on-demand tutoring, log into your MyLaurelRidge portal and click on the Brainfuse logo.
Pop-up blockers & cookies
Make sure you disable pop-up blockers and allow cookies on your web browser; Brainfuse requires both of these to work properly.
Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the Brainfuse homepage.
You can also contact customer support at [email protected], or call 1 (866) 272-4638, extension 510 (Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST).
Paper Review Services
Campus English/Writing Tutors can review your paper before meeting in-person or via Zoom to discuss their recommendations for improving your writing.
To request a Paper Review with a Campus Tutor, please follow these steps:
- Submit your paper using the Paper Review Request Form.
- Schedule your Paper Review appointment in Navigate.
Please allow adequate time for the Tutor to review your paper; avoid scheduling a paper review during the first hour of the Tutor’s next scheduled availability.
Based on availability your paper may be reassigned to another Tutor.
If you schedule the Paper Review appointment first, that’s OK! Just submit your paper as soon as possible.
If you submit your paper but fail to schedule a follow-up Paper Review appointment, you will receive a reminder email from [email protected] .
Your Campus Tutor will mark-up your paper, but will not send it back without meeting to discuss his/her recommendations. During the Paper Review appointment, the Campus Tutor will share the document with you. After the appointment, the Tutor will return the paper with mark-ups to you via email.
Our online paper review service is also available through Brainfuse!
To request a Paper Review with Brainfuse, please follow these steps:
In addition to live, on-demand tutoring, Brainfuse offers a multitude of academic resources, including:
- SkillSurfer: Master academic skills with SkillSurfer’s library of instructional lessons, videos, and practice tests.
- Flashbulb: Create your own flashcards or draw from an extensive library of flashcard sets that you can transform into games, practice tests, study tables, and more.
- Language Lab: Expand your vocabulary and skills in a variety of languages through flashcards, practice tests, and more.
- LEAP: Complete a test to create a personalized study plan to master content in specific topics.
- eParachute: Review suggested career or academic paths based on your unique profile that includes your interests, skills, and more.
To access these academic resources, or live, on-demand tutoring, click on the Brainfuse icon from your MyLaurelRidge portal!
Become a Tutor
If you interested in becoming a tutor, please fill out an Laurel Ridge Employment Application
If you have questions or concerns about the academic support services at the Middletown Campus, please email [email protected]