Tutoring and Academic Support
The college provides multiple forms of academic support services absolutely FREE to all currently enrolled curriculum students.
At the Middletown campus, the Tutoring Center is located inside the Wolk Library. At the Fauquier Campus, the Tutoring Center is in Room 218 of Wolk Hall.
Success Tip: A student’s FIRST point of contact for academic support should ALWAYS be the course instructor.
Tutoring Can Help You:
- Understand lectures and reading material
- Prepare for tests
- Develop a learning style or good study habits
- Improve attitude toward the subject area
- Provide intensive practice for skills and knowledge
- Improve self-confidence
Success Tip: For the best learning experience, come prepared with specific questions, course syllabus, relevant books, and any additional materials needed.
Supplemental Tutoring with Brainfuse
Brainfuse offers LiveHelp – online, on-demand tutoring – in many subjects. Laurel Ridge students are eligible for eight (8) hours of FREE LiveHelp per month, as a supplement to Campus Tutoring. LiveHelp is available on weekday evenings and overnight from 5 pm to 9 am. On weekends, LiveHelp is available 24/7.
To access on-demand tutoring, log into your MyLaurelRidge portal and click on the Brainfuse icon.
Pop-up blockers & cookies
Make sure you disable pop-up blockers and allow cookies on your web browser; Brainfuse requires both of these to work properly.
Click on “Contact Us” at the bottom of the Brainfuse homepage.
You can also contact customer support at [email protected], or call 1 (866) 272-4638, extension 510 (Mon-Fri 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. EST).
Brainfuse Academic Resources
In addition to live, on-demand tutoring and paper reviews, Brainfuse offers a multitude of academic resources, including:
- SkillSurfer: Master academic skills with SkillSurfer’s library of instructional lessons, videos, and practice tests.
- Flashbulb: Create your own flashcards or draw from an extensive library of flashcard sets that you can transform into games, practice tests, study tables, and more.
- Language Lab: Expand your vocabulary and skills in a variety of languages through flashcards, practice tests, and more.
- LEAP: Complete a test to create a personalized study plan to master content in specific topics.
- eParachute: Review suggested career or academic paths based on your unique profile that includes your interests, skills, and more.
These resources are FREE and UNLIMITED Access Brainfuse by logging into your MyLaurelRidge.
Become a Tutor
If you interested in becoming a tutor, email [email protected] for a link to the employment application.