You are almost there, congratulations! An important part of your educational journey is knowing how to complete those last steps to become a college graduate.
Check your academic requirements from the Student Center prior to completing your Graduation Application. If any course requirements show as not satisfied, meet with your your advisor to address. Failure to do so in advance may result in your Graduation Application being denied.
Deadline Dates to Apply
- Fall: November 15
- Spring: April 15
- Summer: July 15
- Fulfill all the course and credit-hour requirements as specified by the appropriate college catalog.
- Be currently active in the program on your graduation application. Your application will not be processed if you are not in a program.
- Complete a minimum of 25 percent of the total credit hours required in the curriculum at the college.
- Have a minimum grade-point average (GPA) of 2.0.
- Resolve all financial obligations to the college and return all library books.
Apply to Graduate
- Students must officially apply for graduation online through their Student Information System account. Check your academic requirements from the Student Center prior to completing your Graduation Application. If any course requirements show as not satisfied, meet with your advisor to address. Failure to do so in advance may result in your Graduation Application being denied.
To access the online Graduation Application:
- Login to MyLaurel Ridge
- Click the VCCS SIS: Student Information System link.
- Click Student Center
- Click Apply for Graduation.
- Note: Your name will be printed on your diploma as it appears on the application. If you want to make any changes to your name after you submit your application, please notify the Records Office.
- Student Loan Borrowers: Complete Loan Exit Counseling requirements with the Financial Aid Office.
- Notify the Graduation Specialist if you are completing any final coursework at another institution. Remember to have copies of your official transcript containing final grades for any outstanding coursework sent to the Records Office
- Monitor your student email account for information regarding commencement ceremonies, commencement photos and important information for students, guests, and visitors.
- Diplomas are sent to your address as listed in SIS approximately 2-3 weeks after the end of your last semester.
- All paper diplomas will be mailed, regardless of whether the student participates in the graduation ceremony.
- To ensure timely and accurate delivery of your transcript, please be sure to complete the graduation application.
- A digital copy of your diploma will be available shortly after your graduation.