LPN Advanced Placement Option (APO) Testing & Applications
Seat reservations for the APO Testing Cycle is now open for already licensed practical nurses looking to apply to the two-year Associates of Applied Science Degree program.
The APO Testing and Application Cycle opens August 15 and closes on September 30 each year.
Please note that students are required to present a photo ID and a payment receipt.
Advanced Placement Option – In order to apply to APO, students must have a curricular GPA of 2.5 or higher based on the specific prerequisite courses (ENG 111, PSY 230, SDV 101, BIO 141, BIO 142). No exceptions.
The Health Education Systems Inc. (HESI®) LPN-RN Transition Exam is an online exam given to students entering Laurel Ridge’s Advanced Placement Option for Licensed Practical Nurses. This exam will be 75 questions and students have a maximum of two (2) hours to complete the exam. The exam consists of an array of topics spread across anatomy, biology, mathematics, nursing concepts and techniques, as well as the curriculum learned as a practical nursing student or licensed practical nurse.
This test is intended for students who are applying to the LPN to RN Advanced Placement Option Program. Applicants must have a current LPN license by the end of the Fall semester.
$63 (subject to change)
Laurel Ridge nursing applicants are allowed one (1) retake after a 7-day waiting period after their initial exam. There will be an additional $63fee for students taking a retake.
Before paying for and reserving a test date: Ensure that all Laurel Ridge Nursing admissions requirements are completed prior to the Nursing application submission deadline for the Advanced Placement Option.
This test is available at the Middletown and Fauquier campus locations and for Laurel Ridge APO nursing applicants only. Please register early as seating is limited at each testing location.
Testing accommodations are available for the HESI A2 exam. Students are required to have a letter of accommodations in order to receive alternate testing conditions for the HESI A2 exam.
In order to best facilitate testing accommodations, please follow these instructions:
1. Students who require testing accommodations will need to first contact the Office of Accommodations and Disability Services to obtain a letter for any necessary accommodations.
2. Once a letter of accommodations is acquired, the student must then forward the letter to the Testing Center where testing will take place:
- Middletown Campus – [email protected]
- Fauquier Campus – [email protected]
3. The student will then be contacted to schedule a new testing date, depending on the accommodations, and receive further instructions on how to register for the exam.