IMPORTANT – VMSDEP students intending to use these benefits at the College must update their enrollment through the VMSDEP Portal by the Close date posted by DVS for each respective term. The College does not apply VMSDEP waivers retroactively. Please Note: Eligible waivers are applied to current and/or future terms as determined by DVS.
Click the below menus to view the types of financial aid related to that category.
Federal Student Aid Programs
State Financial Aid Programs
- State Financial Aid Programs
- A comprehensive resource aimed at enhancing post-secondary education access and readiness for students in the Commonwealth.
- Commonwealth Grant(COMA)
- Part-time Tuition Assistance Program (PTAP)
- Virginia Alternative State Aid (VASA)
- Virginia Foster Care Tuition Grant
- Virginia Community College System(VCCS) Grant
- Virginia Guaranteed Assistance Program (VGAP)
- Get Skilled, Get a Job, Get Ahead (G3)
- The G3 program will cover the entire student cost of select FastForward credential classes if you meet the criteria. It is subject to expiration but is renewed each Fiscal Year (July 1 – June 30). Some additional qualifications and points are in this document but are broad and general to the other funding streams offered.
- FastForward Credential Grant Funding – Eligible Virginia Residents Pay 1/3 of Tuition with Grant Funding – Save 66% or More with FastForward Credential Programs
- FastForward Credentials Grant with FANTIC – Eligible Virginia residents may have 100% tuition covered with grant funding and financial assistance on FastForward Credential Programs
- VA Ready – $1,000 Credential Award for Virginia Ready Scholars – Unemployed? Enroll in an Eligible FastForward Program, Become a VA Ready Scholar, and Receive an Award