Ensure that all Laurel Ridge Nursing admissions requirements are completed prior to the Nursing application submission deadline for either the Associate Degree in Nursing or the Certificate in Practical Nursing.
HESI A2 Testing
HESI Testing for admissions runs from October through February. Seats will fill quickly.
Requesting a Seat and Paying for an Exam
Step 1: Request a Seat at your preferred Campus using the links below. You may preview all available HESI Testing Dates by campus before booking.
Step 2: Check your email for a Confirmation of your seat request, which will contain the Payment ID code needed for registering and paying for your exam at the Evolve website.
Step 3: Follow these instructions for Registering and Paying for the Exam.
Testing accommodations are available for the HESI A2 exam. Students are required to have a letter of accommodations in order to receive alternate testing conditions for the HESI A2 exam.
In order to best facilitate testing accommodations, please follow these instructions:
1. Students who require testing accommodations will need to first contact the Office of Accommodations and Disability Services to obtain a letter for any necessary accommodations.
2. Once a letter of accommodations is acquired, the student must then forward the letter to the Testing Center where testing will take place:
- Middletown Campus – [email protected]
- Fauquier Campus – [email protected]
3. The student will then be contacted to schedule a new testing date, depending on the accommodations, and receive further instructions on how to register for the exam.
HESI A2 Score Report
How to Download the HESI A2 score report with the Critical Thinking Scores:
- Log on to evolve.elsevier.com
- Click on Student Access
- Click on Admission Assessment Report under Exam History (this is for the bar graph page of the HESI—Save this document as PDF.
- Go back to My Exams
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to Admissions Assessment Report
- Critical Thinking will appear in the drop-down list. Click on the link “View Results”
- Click on “Results Report” under View Your Detailed Scoring Report on the right
- Save this document as PDF
The Health Education Systems Inc. Admissions Assessment (HESI® A2) test is an online exam given to students interested in applying to Laurel Ridge’s Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing and Certificate in Practical Nursing programs. This five-option multiple-choice test includes questions on reading comprehension, mathematics, anatomy and physiology, critical thinking, and learning styles with a 4-hour maximum time limit. A calculator will be provided within the test program. Personal calculators may NOT be used for the test.
The learning styles component on the exam is not graded and is for teaching purposes only. This component on the test will allow students to identify weaknesses. They will not be utilized in determining admission into the nursing program.
The scores on reading comprehension, mathematics, anatomy and physiology, and critical thinking will be taken into consideration for admission into the nursing program.
This test is available at the Middletown Campus and Fauquier Campus locations and for Laurel Ridge nursing applicants only. Initial testing will be done during the months of October, 2021 through February 29, 2022. Retakes will run concurrently to initial testing beginning in January 2022. Please register early as seating is limited at each testing location.
Only students that are applying for the Practical Nursing program or students applying for the Associates of Applied Sciences degree program that are not currently licensed practical nurses may sit for the HESI® A2. Students who are already licensed in practical nursing must take the HESI advanced placement exam in the summer of 2022.
$63(subject to change)
Laurel Ridge nursing applicants are allowed one (1) retake after a 7-day waiting period after their initial exam. There will be an additional $63 fee for students taking a retake. Retake testing will begin in January. Registration and testing information will be posted in early December.