Successful completion of the HESI A2 is required for admission to either the Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing programor the Certificate in Practical Nursing program. For a full list of admissions requirements please see the linked program pages.
Only students who are not currently licensed practical nurses and are applying for the Certificate in Practical Nursing program or the Associate of Applied Science in Nursing degree program may sit for the HESI® A2 Entrance Exam during the October – February testing cycle. Students who are already licensed in practical nursing must follow the APO Admissions Testing cycle.
Health Education Systems Inc. Admissions Assessment (HESI® A2)
The Health Education Systems Inc. Admissions Assessment (HESI® A2) test is an online exam given to students interested in applying to Laurel Ridge’s Associate of Applied Science Degree in Nursing and Certificate in Practical Nursing programs. This five-option multiple-choice test includes questions on reading comprehension, mathematics, anatomy and physiology, critical thinking, and learning styles with a 4-hour maximum time limit. A calculator will be provided within the test program. Personal calculators may NOT be used for the test.
The learning styles component on the exam is not graded and is for teaching purposes only. This component on the test will allow students to identify weaknesses. They will not be utilized in determining admission into the nursing program.
The scores on reading comprehension, mathematics, anatomy and physiology, and critical thinking will be taken into consideration for admission into the nursing program.
|Each Attempt (subject to change)||$64|
Laurel Ridge nursing applicants are allowed one (1) retake following a 7-day waiting period after their initial exam. There will be an additional $64 fee for the second attempt. Initial testing begins in October; etake testing begins in January.
Register for Testing
Please note that students are required to present a photo ID and a payment receipt when arriving at the Testing Center.
Testing accommodations are available for the HESI A2 exam. Students are required to have a letter of accommodations in order to receive alternate testing conditions for the HESI A2 exam.
In order to best facilitate testing accommodations, please follow these instructions:
- Students who require testing accommodations will need to first contact the Office of Accommodations and Disability Services to obtain a letter for any necessary accommodations.
- Once a letter of accommodations is acquired, the student must then forward the letter to the Testing Center where testing will take place:
- The student will then be contacted to schedule a new testing date, depending on the accommodations, and receive further instructions on how to register for the exam.
Score Reports and Remediation
Instructions for Accessing your HESI A2 Exam Score Report
- Log on to evolve.elsevier.com
- Click on Student Access
- Click on Admission Assessment Report under Exam History (this is for the bar graph page of the HESI—Save this document as PDF.
- Go back to My Exams
- Click on the plus sign (+) next to Admissions Assessment Report
- Critical Thinking will appear in the drop-down list. Click on the link “View Results”
- Click on “Results Report” under View Your Detailed Scoring Report on the right
- Save this document as PDF
HESI Next Generation EXAM REMEDIATION Video Instructions. Please note, exam remediation is provided, but is not required.