Click on the menus below for more benefit information.
*IMPORTANT – Laurel Ridge does not apply VMSDEP waivers retroactively. Eligible waivers are applied to current and/or future terms as determined by DVS. Student’s name must be on the semester roster in the VMSDEP portal by the last day of the current term for the waiver to be applied to that term.
How to Apply / Use Benefits
- Apply: MYVMSDEP PORTAL
- Beneficiaries must update enrollment information each semester to use VMSDEP benefits
- Provide benefit authorization to Laurel Ridge Veteran Center, [email protected]
- Submit Laurel Ridge Online VA certification request form
- This form is required each semester
- Meet with Laurel Ridge Veteran Advisor
- Attend and complete the course
- Student must update enrollment via MYVMSDEP PORTAL for each semester
- How to update enrollment instructions: VMSDEP
- Submit Laurel Ridge Online VA certification request form every semester
- Open/Close Enrollment Dates:
|Terms||Open||Close (Due by)|
|Fall||June 30||October 31|
|Spring||October 31||March 31|
|Summer||March 31||June 30|
Tier 2 Stipend
- Applicable for Tier 2 students only.
See VMSDEP for eligibility
- Because tuition and fees are waived by benefit, Laurel Ridge will place service indicator on student account once all required documentation is received
- Both Tier 1 & 2 eligible students are guaranteed a waiver of all tuition and mandatory fees for eight semesters at a Virginia public college or university and Eastern Virginia Medical School.
- Students are responsible for purchasing book and supplies
- VMSDEP FAQs
- VMSDEP can be utilized with federal military education benefits
Laurel Ridge Veterans Services
- [email protected]