Click on the menus below for more benefit information.
How to Apply / Use Benefits
- Apply: https://www.va.gov/education/apply-for-education-benefits/application/5490/introduction
- Provide benefit documentation to Laurel Ridge Veteran Center:
- Certificate of Eligibility, or
- Ebenefits screen shot showing full benefit information
- Submit Laurel Ridge VA certification request form
- This form is required each semester
- Meet with Laurel Ridge Veteran Academic Advisor
- Enroll in courses required for VA approved degree/certificate
- Pay balance not covered by Post 9/11
- Student must verify enrollment with VA each month
- To receive full BAH every day of semester, enroll as a full-time student and 1 in person course.
- Full time = 12+ credit hours (based on 14 week session)
- Summer = 7-8 credit hours
- All online courses = lower BAH
- Verify your enrollment with Laurel Ridge Veteran Services
- BAH rate is based on campus zip code for in person class(es)
- If enrolled at multiple campuses, BAH rate will be campus with equal or majority of in person credits.
- 100% eligible recipients receive 100% of calculated BAH
- BAH is deposited 1st day of month into student’s personal bank account for prior month’s attendance days
For more information, visit GI Bill® Comparison Tool
Tuition and Fees
- In-state tuition and fees will be paid by VA directly to Laurel Ridge approximately 3 weeks after drop period.
- If VA is late in payment, Laurel Ridge will wait and not penalize student for 90 days
- Less than 100% eligibility recipients are responsible for balance
- Reductions in enrollment may cause a tuition debt to student
- Book stipend is paid to student approx. 10 days prior to session.
- Book stipend is $41.67 credit/hour for maximum of $1000/academic year
- VA education hotline 1-888-442-4551
- Dept of Veterans Affairs “Ask VA”
Laurel Ridge Veterans Services
- [email protected]