Click on the menus below for more benefit information.
How to Apply / Use Benefits
- Initial Dept. of Veteran Affairs benefit application
- Provide a copy of Certificate of Eligibility to Laurel Ridge Veteran Services
- Submit Laurel Ridge VA certification request form
- Make an appointment with
- Military Benefits Official, Sharon Painter
- Veteran Academic Advisor, Jeanmarie Corrado
- Enroll in courses required for VA approved degree/certificate
- Pay balance not covered by Post 9/11
- Attend and complete the course(es)
- Student must verify enrollment with VA each month
BAH/ Monthly Housing Allowance
- To receive full housing allowance every day of semester, enroll as a full-time student and 1 in person course.
- Full time = 12+ credit hours (based on 14 week session)
- Summer = 7-8 credit hours
- All online courses = lower housing allowance
- Verify your enrollment with Laurel Ridge Veteran Services
- Housing Allowance is based on campus zip code for in person class(es)
- Determined by the Dept. of Veteran Affairs, housing allowance is calculated using rate of pursuit and location of equal or majority of in person courses. Students must have a greater than 50% rate of pursuit to receive any housing. For more clarification, contact the Dept. of Veteran Affairs education hotline 1-888-442-4551
- 100% eligible recipients receive 100% of calculated BAH
- Students can receive full housing allowance if they choose to enroll in sessions other than 14 week. Please contact Military Benefits Official for more details.
- Housing Allowance is deposited 1st day of month into student’s personal bank account for prior month’s attendance days
For more information, visit GI Bill® Comparison Tool
- In-state tuition and fees will be paid by Dept. of Veteran Affairs (VA) directly to Laurel Ridge approximately 3 weeks after drop period. Tuition balance will reflect on student’s account until Dept. of Veteran Affairs payment is received.
- If a student has submitted a certificate of eligibility and Laurel Ridge VA certification request form prior to term, Laurel Ridge will not penalize student if the VA payment is late. Failure to submit both requirements prior to the term will initiate debt notifications from the business office.
- Less than 100% eligibility recipients are responsible for balance
- Reductions in enrollment may cause a tuition debt to student
- Book stipend is paid to student approx. 10 days prior to session.
- Book stipend is $41.67 credit/hour for maximum of $1000/academic year
- Dept. of Veteran Affairs education hotline 1-888-442-4551
- Dept. of Veterans Affairs “Ask VA”
Laurel Ridge Veterans Services
- [email protected]