CDL-A Weekday Class
Monday, December 11 @ 7:00 AM - Thursday, January 25 @ 5:30 PM
- A valid, unrestricted driver’s license. This license does not have to be issued in the state of Virginia. The program is able to test a student with any license issued within the United States.
- Be a qualified Virginia Resident (domiciled) to qualify for FastForward pricing. If you are not a Virginia resident or do not qualify for FastForward, you would pay the regular/full price of the program.
- The ability to pass a DOT physical and a drug screen prior to the start of class.
- Students should possess a CDL Learner’s Permit prior to registering for the program. Students should go to their local DMV office to obtain their CDL Learner’s Permit. Refer to the Commerical Driver License Manual for test prep.
- Call or come into our office (Corron 103) to register for this class. We can:
- Assist you with completing the FastForward agreement
- Discuss tuition assistance options if you qualify financially
- Provide you with a Commerical Driver License Manual
- Assist you with the CDL specific registration process that provides a voucher for your DOT physical and drug screening
Workforce Solutions offers Entry Level Driver Training to obtain a Commercial Driver’s License. Training is tailored to meet the new FMCSA regulation requiring all entry-level CDL drivers, or existing Class B drivers looking to upgrade to a Class A, complete a specific program by a school on the Training Provider Registry. Students will participate in classroom, range, and On-The-Road Training. Classroom training will cover topics such as basic control, safe operating procedures, distracted driving, hazard perception, vehicle systems, and much more. Range training consists of Pre-Trip Inspection, Straight Line Backing, Off-Set Backing, and Parallel Parking, all of which are required to pass the DMV skills test. On-The-Road training covers speed and space management, and many other control topics. Our program uses automatic transmission trucks. Upon satisfactory completion of the required curriculum and a demonstration of the skill set needed to pass the DMV exam, the DMV skills test will be scheduled. Once students pass the skills test and their CDL is issued, they will receive a Certificate of Completion.
We offer Weekday and Weekend training programs:
- WEEKDAY PROGRAM runs Monday-Thursday, 7 am – 5:30 pm for six weeks.
- WEEKEND PROGRAM runs Saturday & Sunday, 7 am – 5:30 pm for twelve consecutive weekends.