Police Department Complaints Against Personnel Form

How to Make a Complaint

1.   If you wish to make a complaint about the actions of an officer or about any aspect of law-enforcement operations, please:

  • Come to the Department and tell any employee that you want to make a complaint; or
  • Call the Department at 540-868-7233 or the Vice President of FAS and tell the person answering the phone that you want to make a complaint; or
  • Write your complaint and mail it to the Chief of Police; or
  • Submit the below form online

2.   A supervisory officer will assist you in filling out a complaint form.  This form asks you to identify yourself and then to give specific details about your complaint.

3.   Your complaint will then be investigated.  You may be contacted and asked additional questions about your complaint.

4.   If it is going to take a long time to investigate your complaint, you will receive a letter telling you approximately when you may expect a reply.

5.   When your complaint has been investigated, the Chief of Police will review the investigation and will write you a letter explaining what has been found out about the matter.

Police Department Complaints Against Personnel Form

"*" indicates required fields

Your Contact Information

Your Mailing Address*

Complaint Information

Terms of Submission*

I understand that this statement of complaint will be submitted to the Laurel Ridge Chief of Police and may be the basis for an investigation. Further, I sincerely and truly declare and affirm that the facts contained herein are complete, accurate, and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. Further, I declare and affirm that my statement has been made by me voluntary persuasion, coercion, or promise of any kind. Submission of this form represents my official signature and agreement with these terms.