On December 30, 2014 Laurel Ridge launched its new website. The site has been given a fresh design and re-developed completely to provide a more modern and friendly user experience to students, employees and all college community members.
Check out this video below as Laurel Ridge’s Graphic Design and Digital Media Specialist gives an overview and brief tour of the new Laurel Ridge website.
Video Overview and Tour of the Laurel Ridge Website
The website’s new features include:
- Fresh new design – a new design while retaining the familiar structure of the old website
- Robust, drop-down navigation menu – quickly access secondary pages without leaving the homepage
- New events calendar – similar to the calendar feature found on the Laurel Ridge Focus, a month-to-month listing of upcoming events at the college
- New promotional areas – a new rotating promo slideshow on the homepage along with several promotional blocks to feature important announcements at Laurel Ridge
- More accurate search results – quickly search for what you need to find on the website to avoid clicking through multiple pages
- Dedicated mobile theme – easily view and browse the website on your mobile device without the need to download a separate app
- WordPress backend – the redesigned website has been developed in WordPress which will allow designated college employees to make edits to their unit’s webpages. This will also allow for more upgrades and new features to be added to the website on a more frequent basis.
Questions regarding the new Laurel Ridge website should be directed to Aaron Riddle, Laurel Ridge’s Graphic Design and Digital Media Specialist.