Facility Rental FAQs

What does my rental include?

Your rental includes the use of the area specifically reserved for your event. The rental does not include the use of any additional space (with the exception of the public restrooms and smoking gazebos) including outdoor space.  

Facilities include various equipment and seating as part of the rental. In order to ensure your event meets your expectations, please discuss all needs with your event coordinator. 

What equipment is available for my use?

Equipment varies according to the rental space. Many of the rental spaces contain equipment that may be used as part of the rental. Additional equipment such as camcorders, microphones and monitors may be available for an additional fee.

Is it possible to reserve parking for my event?

No. All parking is open to the public and operates on a first come first serve basis. During peak semester hours, parking is limited. Visitors to the College are permitted to park in any available visitor or general parking space. Cars will be ticketed if parked along the yellow curbs, in fire lanes, or in handicapped parking spaces without proper VDOT permission.

Can I come in early to set up?

If there are no other events in the space prior to your reservation, you may be able to schedule set-up time on the day of your event. To guarantee set-up time, the time needed should be included in your rental window. For example, if your event will last four hours and you need an hour to set-up and clean up, you should reserve the space for a full-day.

When does everything need to be removed from the rental space after the event?

All items brought in by the renter need to be removed by the end of the rental period.

How do I change the date or hours of an already scheduled event?

Please contact [email protected] or 540-247-7343 to discuss date and time changes. Depending on the availability of the space, you may need to alter the day or time you request.

What if the weather is bad?

If the College is closed due to inclement weather, your event will be cancelled. For the latest emergency closing information, please sign up for Laurel Ridge Alert at http://alert.laurelridge.edu, visit the College’s Web site or call the emergency closing announcement telephone line 540-868-7230.

Sometimes the College issues a delayed opening or day class cancellation announcement, please check the Web site or call the emergency closing announcement telephone lines before leaving home and before you are scheduled to arrive on campus.

Unless it is specifically communicated otherwise, if the College is closed, then all three locations – Fauquier and Middletown Campuses and the Luray-Page County Center – are closed. If only one or two of the three locations is closed, the message will communicate this.

Every attempt will be made to reschedule your event; however, if an alternate day/time cannot be agreed upon, a refund will be issued less the application fee.

How do I acquire permission to serve alcohol?

Alcoholic Beverages on campus necessitate the following mandatory requirements:

  1. written approval by the vice president of financial and administrative services
  2. ABC license displayed at the entrance to the event
  3. additional security (provided by the College at an additional charge)

Where can my guests smoke?

Smoking is prohibited in all facilities occupied or operated by the college. Smoking is permitted outdoors on college property, provided that smokers are 25 feet or more away from any College entrance or exit. The college has provided smoking gazebos around the exterior facilities at the Middletown and Fauquier campuses equipped with cigarette and trash receptacles. The College has provided additional urns in high traffic areas to aid smokers in the proper disposal of cigarettes. It is expected that all visitors will comply with the smoke-free environment.

Can I decorate the space for my event?

Yes, however, open flames are not permitted and nothing is to be affixed to the walls or ceilings.

Are there required vendors I need to use?

No, but only licensed caterers may use the warming kitchen in the Corron Community Development Center. A permit issued by the Health Department will be required.