1098-T Tax Form Information
The 1098-T Form is:
- Mailed by the end of January each year.
- Used to report information about students to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) as required by the Taxpayer Relief Act of 1997.
- A tuition payment statement used to report tuition and educational related expenses to the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) and to the student as required by the Internal Revenue Code. It provides the dollar amount of cash, check and credit card payments made for tuition in the current tax year.
Students will NOT receive a 1098-T form if qualified tuition and related expenses were totally refunded, waived, paid by scholarships, federal grants (PELL, SEOG,etc), state grants (COMA, VGAP, etc), or third parties.
To view all fees paid out of pocket within the tax year, review your account activity in the Student Information System (SIS). Further questions may be directed to [email protected].
To obtain a copy of your 1098-T before it arrives in the mail, or to obtain additional copies, go to https://tra.maximus.com/. There is no additional charge for the electronic copies.
To access your 1098-T on the TRA website visit https://tra.maximus.com/.
- Click on: “First Time Students” button and follow the directions. You will be prompted to register and you will be able to access the information.
- You may receive assistance by using the “Student Help” link on the website. There are many useful help topics to assist, you as well as an 800 number to get technical assistance with logging in and retrieving records. However, this number cannot be used for general 1098-T questions or information on the existence of a form for any particular student. The call center is available from 8:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. Monday through Friday.