For more information on this Emergency Medical Services Program, visit the Emergency Medical Services website.
The curriculum is designed to develop the knowledge base and skill required to prepare the student to function as an “entry-level” Paramedic. Successful performance in this program qualifies the student to take the National Registry’s Paramedic exam.
In Demand G3 Program - $$ for Tuition and Fees
Tuition and Funding Options
An estimated $15.2 million dollars in grants, loans, work-study and scholarships are awarded to Laurel Ridge Community College students each year. We are committed to using all available funds to help you gain access to a college education.
Payment plans are offered to break down tuition payments.
View all financial aid, payment options, and more HERE.
- Age 18 on the first day of class.
- Meet the requirements listed in the Virginia Office of Emergency Medical Services document Prerequisites for EMS training Programs, Criminal History and Standards of Conduct.
- High school graduate or GED.
- Current Virginia or National Registry EMT-Intermediate certification or higher or completion of the EMT-Intermediate curriculum (must remain current for duration of program).
- Current Healthcare Provider CPR Certification approved by the Commonwealth of Virginia Office of EMS (must remain current for duration of program).
- No physical limitations rendering the student unfit to perform all required duties.
- To complete the Clinical and Field Internship portions of the program, submit results of a physical exam completed within the last 12 months with proof of immunizations or resistance to measles, mumps, rubella, Tdap, polio, Hepatitis B Vaccination, and TB Skin test within the last 12 months. If PPD is positive, submit results of chest x-ray showing negative for active TB.
- Laurel Ridge placement tests (if required*) and completion of any developmental work that may be identified by the placement test. Must be successful in MTE 1-3 and be eligible for ENG 111 to satisfy requirements without taking remediation. Results must be within the last 5 years.
- Residents from outside the Laurel Ridge Community College Service Area are admitted only after all applicants who reside in the College Service Area have been considered.
* Applicants that have completed equivalent college level math or English courses, or have SAT of 500 or greater, or ACT scores of 22 or greater have met the requirements as long as the courses and/or scores are no more than 5 years old.
- Birth Certificate. If birth certificate is not available, valid passport or other government ID (e.g. driver’s license) with Date of Birth.
- Background check, drug screen and fingerprinting verifying the student meets the requirements, completed by designated Laurel Ridge agency. Student is responsible for cost, payable directly to the designated agency.
- High School Transcript/GED.
- Copy of valid EMS Provider (e.g. EMT) certification card that must remain current throughout the program.
- Copy of current Healthcare Provider CPR Card issued through a course approved by Virginia Office of EMS.
- Physical exam completed within the last 12 months signed by a primary care physician (must use this Laurel Ridge form).
- Documentation of required vaccinations.
*Students who are absent from the program for one semester or more must repeat the background check & drug screen
The US Department of Education under 34 CFR 668.412 (d) and (e), requires colleges to disclose a variety of information for any financial aid eligible program that “prepares students for gainful employment in a recognized occupation.” The information provided below is the best available to us. We hope that this information is helpful to our current students and to prospective students as they make their career and educational choices:
Academic Plan, Course List, and Program Information
Have a Question?
Do you have a specific question about this program or how to get started at Laurel Ridge? Please use the form below and a member of our staff will respond as soon as possible.
Laurel Ridge subscribes to EMSI and provides this link for general career information. Emsi’s products and services use data, reports, and forecasts which are generated using government data sources and proprietary analytical processes.