For Immediate Release:
January 4, 2016
Primary Media Contact:
Public Relations Specialist
Do you need financial assistance in order to attend college? Join other college-bound students and their parents at Laurel Ridge Community College for Super FAFSA Day on February 6th, formerly called Super Saturday. Offered for the eleventh year in the Shenandoah Valley, Super FAFSA Day is sponsored by the Virginia Association of Student Financial Aid Administrators (VASFAA) and hosted at Laurel Ridge’s Middletown Campus. The event is free and open to the public.
Super FAFSA is designed to educate individuals about the financial aid process and assist with the completion of the 2016-17 Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Super FAFSA Day will take place on February 6, 2016, from 9 a.m. to 12 p.m. in room 140 in Cornerstone Hall, located at 173 Skirmisher Lane in Middletown, VA.
Individuals interested in completing the FAFSA form online with the assistance of financial aid professionals must bring the following items:
- Your and a parent’s FSA ID, if you are a dependent student. Register as soon as possible for the FSA ID at https://fsaid.ed.gov.
- Your Social Security number
- Your driver’s license (if any)
- Your 2015 W-2 forms and other records of money earned
- Your (and your spouse’s, if you are married) 2015 Federal Income Tax Return – IRS Form 1040, 1040A, 1040EZ, 1040Telefile, foreign tax return or tax return for Puerto Rico, Guam, American Samoa, the U.S. Virgin Islands, the Marshall Islands or the Federated States of Micronesia
- Your parent’s 2015 Federal Income Tax Return (if you are a dependent student)
- Your family’s 2015 untaxed income records (Social Security, temporary assistance to needy families, welfare, food stamps, child support, or veterans benefits records)
- Your family’s current bank statements
- Your family’s current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bonds and other investment records
- Your alien registration card (if you are not a U.S. citizen)
For more information about Super FAFSA or the financial aid process at Laurel Ridge, contact Karen Goulbourne at [email protected] or 540-868-7153.
Founded in 1970, Laurel Ridge Community College is a multi-campus public institution of higher education. With four locations — Middletown, Warrenton, Luray-Page County and most recently, Vint Hill— the College serves eight localities in the Shenandoah Valley and northern Piedmont regions. The localities are the counties of Clarke, Fauquier, Frederick, Page, Rappahannock, Shenandoah and Warren and the city of Winchester. Laurel Ridge offers more than 75 associate degree and certificate programs in a wide variety of disciplines, in addition to providing access to bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degree programs offered on site by a four-year institution. Laurel Ridge also serves the business community by offering workforce preparation programs for employees and employers. Laurel Ridge serves more than 9,000 unduplicated credit students and more than 11,000 individuals in professional development and business and industry courses annually.
Laurel Ridge Community College (Laurel Ridge) is accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to award associate degrees. Contact the Commission on Colleges at 1866 Southern Lane, Decatur, Georgia 30033-4097 or call 404-679-4500 for questions about the accreditation of Laurel Ridge Community College. Laurel Ridge Community College is an equal opportunity institution providing educational and employment opportunities, programs, services, and activities and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, age, religion, disability, national origin, marital status, political affiliation, sexual orientation, or other non-merit factors. Laurel Ridge also prohibits sexual misconduct including sexual violence or harassment.
Laurel Ridge Community College was known as Lord Fairfax Community College until June 2022. For consistency purposes, the college will be referenced as Laurel Ridge going forward.