Due to the ongoing Coronavirus pandemic, our Testing Centers will remain CLOSED until further notice. Please continue to visit our COVID pages for updated information on the availability of testing at our Testing Centers at the Middletown and Fauquier campuses.
A Note About Virginia Placement Tests
Because we are unable to administer the Virginia Placement Test, the Virginia Community College System has waived the requirement for placement testing for the foreseeable future. As a result the college is using different processes to provide students with math and English placement.
- If you are dual-enrolling, please speak with your career coach or the dual-enrollment office about placement measures.
- If you have graduated high school within the past five years and have an overall high school GPA of 2.7 or greater, you will be able to use your high school GPA for placement.
- If you have taken the ACT, SAT, or GED within the past five years, you may be able to use your scores for placement.
- Those who have already taken a college-level English or math course may be eligible for English or math placement waivers.
- If none of the above apply to you, our direct placement specialist will be in contact with you to determine your math and English placement.