April 1, 2021 - December 31, 2022
Short Description: This HVACR technician training program is designed for people who want to:
• Enter the HVACR industry
• Improve their knowledge and skills surrounding HVAC systems
• Prepare for an EPA 608 Refrigerant Handling Exam
• Prepare for the R-410A Refrigerant Handling Qualification
• Prepare for outcome exams or certification exams likethe NATE Service Core, or hvac Excellence Work Ready Exams
• Prepare for state license exams
This complete program features various assessments that will help prepare you for the exams mentioned above. Therefore, you can continuously test yourself as you progress in the program. In addition to that, the program features numerous audio and visual presentations that will enrich your learning experience on the whole.
With the HVACR Core Technician Program, you’ll learn
• The fundamentals of air ventilation systems, pressure, heating, and gas
• Common safety topics and how to implement them
• Diagnostic skills for motor and electrical issues
• The conditions and environments that provide optimal comfort
• How to operate refrigeration circuits, applications,and equipment, and how to diagnose them
Our program allows you to pick an elective for your final course. This flexibility will help you choose a course that’s more relevant to your career aspirations and your interests. Thus, this extra bit of control will open up more employment opportunities for you in the near future.
Instructor Description: Though this program is a self-paced program it is supported by an educational mentor. Educational mentors are subject matter experts who have years of experience in their field as well as the necessary educational training and credentials to work as an expert. The mentor is available to answer any questions a learner may have including questions on course content, course material, certifications, and even industry questions. Mentors also monitor the progress of learners to ensure training retention and program advancement. In eLearning, motivation is a key tool to success. Because of this, mentors provide encouraging comments, feedback, and coaching to motivate learners throughout the duration of the program to support completion and success!
Certification: Students will be prepared for and provided a voucher to take the NATE Ready to Work Certificate Exam and the Service Core Certification exam. Each state may have additional licensing requirements, be sure to research your states requirements for employment by visiting your states occupation board.